Crispy Sesame Cauliflower
For the Cauliflower:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- sesame seeds for garnish
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon sesame or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 30
- Serves: 4
- In a large shallow bowl combine the flour, cornstarch and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Dip cauliflower florets in the egg mixture then into the flour mixture.
- To bake cauliflower: Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.Transfer breaded cauliflower to baking sheet. Spray with coking spray or drizzle with oil. Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- To fry cauliflower: Heat 1 cup oil in a medium pan on medium high heat. Place cauliflower in oil once it's heated and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
- To make sauce: while the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the sauce. Pour oil to a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add all the remaining ingredients and bring it to a boil. Whisk until smooth and thick.
- Once the cauliflower has browned, remove it from the oven or oil and place it in a large bowl. Pour sauce over cauliflower and toss until fully coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately. with rice, noodles, veggies or alone..
recipes/vegetarian/crispy_sesame_cauliflower.txt · Last modified: 2019/11/10 07:53 by bw