Tomato Soup with Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 or 15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes, + extra as desired
- 1 TBSP tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP dried basil, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional*)
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3 oz cream cheese or cream, add to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Crispy Parmesan Chickpeas
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP finely grated Parmesan cheese (approx. 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 25
- Serves: 2-3 large bowls
- Switch your pressure cooker to the saute funtion and sauté onion in 1 TBSP oil for 3-5 minutes, until edges are golden and brown.
- Next add garlic and sauté for a minute more to bring out the flavor.
- Add seasoning (salt, oregano, basil, and (optional) sugar) along with carrots, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and broth.
- Set to high pressure for 15 minutes and allow to come to pressure, allowing a natural pressure release.
- Add your cream cheese and puree using a hand held immersion blender until fabulously smooth and bisque-like. You can also blend the soup, in two batches, in your blender or food processor.
- Lastly, give the soup a taste and adjust broth/tomato/seasoning to taste, adding any extra of whatever you prefer to get your ideal thickness and flavor.
- Add all your roasted chickpeas on top (and a sprinkle of parmesan if you're feeling cheesy) and dive in!
recipes/soups/tomato_soup_with_crispy_parmesan_chickpeas.txt · Last modified: 2018/09/14 06:34 by bw