Karfiolleves (Paprika Cauliflower & Dumpling Soup)
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hungarian hot paprika
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small head cauliflower, large stem removed, cut into florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and finely chopped
- Prep: -
- Cook: -
- Serves: 4-6
- Make the dumplings: In a bowl, stir together flour and salt; add 2 tbsp. butter, and using your fingers, rub into flour until pea-size crumbles form. Add egg, and stir until dough forms; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat remaining butter in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat; add paprika and onion, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable stock, cauliflower, and carrot; season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Using a ½-tsp. measuring spoon, portion out and drop all dumpling dough into simmering soup; cook, stirring occasionally, until dumplings are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, ladle soup and dumplings into 4 serving bowls, and garnish with parsley.
recipes/soups/karfiolleves_paprika_cauliflower_dumpling_soup.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:27 (external edit)