Creamy Italian Quinoa Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion diced
- 3 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups bone broth chicken broth or vegetable stock (use more for a more brothy soup)
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa rinsed well in a fine mesh colander
- 1 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 8- ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups half and half or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 30
- Serves: 6
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add stock, chickpeas, quinoa, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in spinach and cream. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Divide into bowls and top with grated Parmesan.
recipes/soups/creamy_italian_quinoa_soup.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/19 04:24 by bw