Roasted Carrots with Carrot-Top Pesto
- 3 pounds small carrots with tops (any color)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nuts or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Prep: -
- Cook: -
- Serves: 8
- Preheat oven to 400°. Trim carrot tops, leaving some stem attached. Measure out 2 cups carrot tops and set aside; reserve any remaining carrot tops for another use.
- Toss carrots and vegetable oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are golden brown and tender, 25–35 minutes. Let cool.
- Pulse garlic and nuts in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Add basil, Parmesan, and reserved carrot tops; process until a coarse purße forms. Add olive oil and pulse until combined; season with salt and pepper. Serve carrots with pesto.
- DO AHEAD: Pesto can be made 1 day ahead. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface; chill. Carrots can be roasted 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
recipes/sides/roasted_carrots_with_carrot-top_pesto.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:26 (external edit)