Mexican Green Rice
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Flesh of 1/ 2 large ripe avocado
- 1/ 2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/ 4 cup green salsa or green hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 15
- Serves: 6
- Add the broth and rice to the pressure cooker pot. Stir. Lock lid in place.
- Select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When timer beeps, turn pressure cooker off and use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes do a quick pressure release.
- Fluff rice with a fork and let cool to warm. Blend in a blender the avocado, cilantro, and salsa, adding a little water as needed to blend smoothly, to the consistency of sour cream. Stir into rice. Season with salt and pepper.
recipes/sides/mexican_green_rice.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:26 (external edit)