- 80 or 100 proof grain alcohol
- Cannabis, ground
- Prep: 2 hours
- Cook: 2 weeks
- Serves: dropper bottles
- - Finely ground the dried cannabis.
- Place in baking sheet and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 200F to decarboxylate (convert THCA to THC).
- Cool and then weigh. Mix 1:5 ratio of cannabis to alcohol in a large glass mason jar. If using 100 proof alcohol, add 20% water.
- Use a plastic lid or line it with wax paper- should not touch metal.
- Shake jar once a day and continue for at least two weeks.
- Strain and bottle in droppers.
- Sterilize everything.
- Gas from high proof alcohol is flammable - be careful.
- If using cloth to strain the plant matter, wet it first so that it doesn't absorb all the tincture.
recipes/preserves/cannabis_tincture.txt · Last modified: 2019/12/10 18:06 by bw