Spaghetti & Meatballs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 2 28-oz. cans whole peeled tomatoes in juice, crushed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup sugar
- 10 oz. ground pork
- 5 oz. ground beef chuck
- 5 oz. ground veal
- ⅓ cup shredded provolone
- ⅓ cup whole-milk ricotta
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- ¼ cup finely grated pecorino, plus more for serving
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs. lightly beaten
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Prep: 60
- Cook: 45
- Serves: 8
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil and 3 cloves garlic in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat; cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add dried parsley, basil, tomatoes, salt, and pepper; cook for 60 minutes.
- Add sugar; cook until reduced and thick, about 20 minutes.
- Mix remaining garlic, pork, chuck, veal, provolone, ricotta, parmesan, pecorino, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl; form into eight 2 ½″ meatballs, about 6 oz. each.
- Heat remaining oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add meatballs; cook, turning, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to sauce; cook until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti; sprinkle with parsley.
recipes/pasta/spaghetti_meatballs.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:27 (external edit)