Honey Chipotle Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thighs, or a mix
- 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 3 chipotle peppers from a can of Chipotles en Adobo, chopped (stems and seeds removed)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Prep: -
- Cook: -
- Serves: -
- Combine everything in the slow cooker: Combine the chicken, tomato sauce, honey, onion, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to your slow cooker. Add 1 to 3 chopped chipotle peppers and 1 to 2 tablespoons of - Adobo sauce, depending on your preferred level of heat. Mix together well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken: At the end of cooking time, use two forks to shred chicken in the pot. Mix the shredded chicken with the sauce.
- Serve: Set out a stack of tortillas and all the toppings. Assemble and serve the tacos from the slow cooker.
- Leftover chicken will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
recipes/meat/honey_chipotle_chicken.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:27 (external edit)