- 4-6 pounds beef bones & oxtail
- 4-6 pounds root vegetables- potatoes, carrots, onions, etc
- 1 head garlic (leave cloves whole)
- 1/2 stick butter
- Prep: 30min
- Cook: 12 hours
- Serves: ?
- In a 425F oven, roast bones for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large soup pot. Add bones to the pot, along with onion, garlic, and remaining root vegetables. Fill pot with filtered water. Bring to a boil. Stir well and reduce broth to a simmer. Simmer with the lid on but slightly cracked, for 12-24 hours. Strain and freeze the broth.
recipes/meat/bone_broth.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:27 (external edit)