Cheesy Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prep: 25
- Cook: 4 hours
- Serves: 6-8
- Coat the insert of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Turn on to the HIGH setting. Add the rice, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and salt and stir to combine. Add the chicken overtop in an even layer.
- Whisk together the broth and mustard in a liquid measuring cup until combined. Pour the broth mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH, without stirring, until the broth is absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through, 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Add the peas, carrots, and cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is mostly melted and combined. Top with the cheddar, cover, and cook until the peas are heated through and the cheddar is melted, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
recipes/casserole/cheesy_slow_cooker_chicken_rice.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/08 03:29 by bw