Cajun Chicken Cassoulet
- 1 (16-oz.) package Cajun smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 skinned and boned chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (16-oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Toasted Herbed Breadcrumb Topping (optional)
- Prep: 40
- Cook: 40
- Serves: 8-10
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cook sausage in a large cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cook chicken in hot drippings over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from Dutch oven. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans, next 4 ingredients, chicken, and sausage; cover with lid.
- Bake, covered, at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly. If desired, sprinkle with Toasted Herbed Breadcrumb Topping.
recipes/casserole/cajun_chicken_cassoulet.txt · Last modified: 2018/07/22 06:26 (external edit)