- 5 ounces (1 cup) all purpose flour [or pastry flour]
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar [+2tb coarse]
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs [or 3 egg whites, beaten]
- 1/2 cup milk [or buttermilk]
- 8 ounces (by weight) sourdough starter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prep: 15
- Cook: 5
- Serves: 6-8
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined. Add sourdough starter and whisk until completely blended. Add flour mixture and butter and stir until combined. Depending on thickness of starter, you might need to adjust batter. It should be the consistency of pancake batter. Add flour or milk as needed to reach that consistency.
- Scoop 1/2c batter into griddle on highest setting.
- Cool completely on wire racks
- Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet, stack as high as needed with parchment paper in between
- Freeze for 6 hours
- Put in bags and use within 3 months
recipes/baking/sourdough_waffles.txt · Last modified: 2020/01/02 06:14 by bw