Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich Biscuits
- 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (8 TB / 113g) cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup sourdough starter, unfed
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 20-23
- Serves: 6-7 large biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, with a rack in the upper third. Grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.
- Add the starter, mixing gently until the dough is cohesive.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface (a piece of parchment works well), and gently pat it into a 6“ round about 1”-thick.
- Use a sharp 2 3/8“ biscuit cutter to cut four rounds, cutting them as close to one another as possible. Gently push and pat the scraps into a 2 1/2” x 5“ rectangle. Cut two more biscuits. Push and pat the remaining scraps into a 1”-thick biscuit; it'll be slightly smaller than the others.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2“ between them; they'll spread as they bake.
- Bake the biscuits in the upper third of your oven for 20 to 23 minutes, until they're golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven, and serve warm. Or cool completely, wrap in plastic, and store at room temperature for several days. Freeze, well-wrapped, for longer storage.
recipes/baking/sourdough_breakfast_sandwich_biscuits.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/13 03:55 by bw