Cheerwine Vinegar Pie
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 whole eggs and 2 yolks, beaten together
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Cheerwine vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 pie crust
- Prep: -
- Cook: 45
- Serves: 1 pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift cornmeal, salt, and sugar together into a large mixing bowl. Then gently whisk in eggs. Once the eggs are thoroughly incorporated, add buttermilk, vinegar, and butter.
- Pour custard mixture into an unbaked pie crust and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a medium-brown crust has formed on top and the pie has slightly less jiggle than Jello. Let cool and enjoy.
- *Milton uses coarse sorghum flour instead of cornmeal. If you can find it, it adds extra flavor to both the crust and the filling.
recipes/baking/cheerwine_vinegar_pie.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/19 21:36 by bw