Baked Eggs with Lion's Mane and Goat Cheese
- 12 ounces lion's mane mushrooms
- 3 TB chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 8 eggs
- 4 TB light cream or half-and-half
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 10
- Serves: 4
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- Squeeze any moisture out of the mushrooms, and cut or tear into bit size pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 TB butter with olive oil. When bubbly, add mushrooms and cook until any moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms are nicely browned and crispy around the edges - 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir in chives and thyme, and cook for another minute. Set aside.
- Grease four 8 ounce ramekins with butter. Crumble cheese and divide among them. Gently crack two eggs into each ramekin, careful not to break the yolks. Add one quarter of the mushroom mixture to each, and top each ramekin with 1 TB of cream.
- Place ramekins in a deep baking dish, place in oven, and add boiling water to the pan until the water comes up halfway. Bake the ramekins in the bath until the egg whites are just set and yolks are still runny - about 10 minutes.
recipes/vegetarian/baked_eggs_with_lion_s_mane_and_goat_cheese.txt · Last modified: 2021/09/15 00:44 (external edit)