Green Beans with Benne and Sorghum
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup or 1 honey
- 2 teaspoons benne seeds or sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Prep: 10
- Cook: 15
- Serves: 8
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, transfer to a bowl of ice water, and let cool.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Toss beans and oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots, 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, sorghum, benne seeds, and cumin in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add warm beans and toss to coat.
recipes/sides/green_beans_with_benne_and_sorghum.txt · Last modified: 2021/09/15 00:44 (external edit)