Sea Urchin Linguine
- 12 ounces dried linguine
- ½ cup fresh uni, or more as desired
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Prep: -
- Cook: -
- Serves: 4
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook per the package directions, or until al dente, or just done. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- In a mini food processor, combine the uni and butter, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until lightly golden brown and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn. Add the cream, red pepper flakes, and the reserved sea urchin mixture to the pan. Stir until smooth. Slowly whisk in the reserved pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time until the sauce thins out but is still slightly thick. Season with salt and more red pepper flakes to taste, and then stir in the parsley. Toss with the pasta and enjoy!
recipes/pasta/sea_urchin_linguine.txt · Last modified: 2021/09/15 00:44 (external edit)